Day 47: Funnel book, book magnet, and plotting the entire series

I knew I couldn’t keep up my uber-disciplined sleep schedule for long! I stayed up late last night working (doing some characterization research) so I woke up late today. I also spent some time reading a marketing book that was really interesting, but essentially it was procrastination of starting my writing work today. So I’m starting my plotting work late today. Still working on Snowflake step 4 (one-page synopsis) for the serial novel. *** While I was out walking, I did some brainstorming as to my funnel book and my Reader Magnet, and got some great ideas for both! The reader magnet especially has an impact on the plotline for volume 1, but it also fixes a problem I didn’t realize I had when I wrote volume 1. All I can say is, thank You God that I decided to plot the entire series before releasing any of the books, because several things I already wrote in volume 1 need to be revised before I can release it now. I know that especially in the world of self-publishing, books don’t have to be perfect, but still, I would hate to have to do a change in the storyline after I’d already released it. *** Ugh I stayed up too late again. But I did get some work done on Snowflake step 4. It’s still far from done, though. I got hung up on some of the events leading up to the climax. Time spent writing: 7 hours, 42 minutes (includes my story brainstorming time) Time spent doing other writing-related business: 1 hours, 41 minutes My takeaway for today: Thank You God that I decided to plot the entire series before releasing any of the books.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 91: Evaluation 3