Day 50: Easing back into daily chores, uncomfortable desk

Wow! 50 days!

This morning I implemented my new schedule of doing a little bit of chores every day, and it didn’t take too long. Now that it’s out of the way (and won’t nag me while I’m working), I’ll continue working on Snowflake step 6 (expanded synopsis) for the serial novel.

***

I got some good progress done, but I’m finding myself fighting to keep focus because I’m just not as comfortable at my desk. My ankles got swollen yesterday from standing too much at my standing desk, so I’m writing seated at my kotatsu desk today, but when I sit for long hours, it’s not as comfortable for my back and neck as my standing desk. Even though I’m walking around every hour, my body is starting to ache.

I could work another hour or so, but I think I’ll stop for today because I’m just too uncomfortable, and my work is suffering. I’ve been stuck on a particular plot point for about 20 minutes now and I find my mind wandering. I’ll go to bed early and pick up again tomorrow.

Since my serial novel is looking like it’s going to be pretty long, I’ll record my progress based on the number of mini-scenes I’ve plotted so far: 31. This seems like a lot, but I’ve noticed my serial novel scenes are much shorter than the scenes for my regular series, plus some of these mini-scenes might end up being combined later.

Time spent writing: 5 hours, 54 minutes
Time spent doing other writing-related business: 1 hour, 19 minutes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 91: Evaluation 3