Day 45: Finished characterization for the serial novel!

I finished the characterization (most of it, I think) for the serial novel, and then started on Snowflake step 2 (1-paragraph summary). I got it done CRAZY fast, I think because I’d done so much work on the characterization. Woot!

Now I’m on to Snowflake step 4 (one-page synopsis). It’s looking pretty long, maybe because this is a serial novel. It also seems like it’s going to have more (and shorter) scenes than my other books, so this might take a little longer.

***

I only got partway through Snowflake step 4. I have a few hours after dinner, but instead I’m going to focus on improving the back cover blurb for The Spinster’s Christmas, since I have a promotion starting on July 25th.

***

Time spent writing: 3 hours, 13 minutes
Time spent doing other writing-related business: 5 hours, 9 minutes

My takeaway for today: Spending time to fill in most of the details of my characterization notes helps me go through the plotting much faster.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 91: Evaluation 3