Day 48: How to not procrastinate on Saturdays?

I procrastinated with retail procrastination when I really should stop spending money. I only lost time and not my money, but I suppose in the writing business, time is money.

Back to work, continuing Snowflake step 4 (one-page synopsis) for the serial novel.

***

I realize that I tend to waste more time on Saturdays than on the weekdays, maybe because Captain Caffeine is playing his PS4 and so I feel a bit more lazy. I did some knitting rather than diving right into writing (despite writing the above about starting work) and now it’s an hour and a half later. Ugh! Okay, I’m really starting writing now!

***

Woot! I finished Snowflake step 4!

Now I’ll work on Snowflake step 6 for the serial novel. From Snowflake step 4, it’s obvious this is actually going to be pretty long, so this might take longer than it did when I did Snowflake step 6 for the volumes in the main series.

***

I got some progress on Snowflake step 6, but it’s going to take a long time to finish this one. However, I also noticed that since this is a serial novel, the scenes are shorter and my Snowflake step 6 is arranged more or less scene by scene, so when I eventually do Snowflake step 8 (scene spreadsheet), I think it’ll be pretty easy.

Looking back over what I did today, I realize I need to guard against wasting time on Saturdays when Captain Caffeine is home and relaxing. Either that or decide not to do writing on Saturdays and devote it to marketing instead? That’s possible since I’m starting to realize that marketing is taking up more time than I had originally planned. I’ll have to think about it.

Time spent writing: 6 hours, 21 minutes
Time spent doing other writing-related business: 43 minutes

My takeaway for today: I need to guard against wasting time on Saturdays when Captain Caffeine is home and relaxing. Either that or decide not to do writing on Saturdays and devote it to marketing instead?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 91: Evaluation 3