Day 44: My first BookFunnel promotion

I spent a lot of time today signing up for BookFunnel and setting things up in order to be able to participate in a Christmas in July promotional sale with other Christian and sweet romance authors. I had to learn how to use the site, which isn’t difficult, but I had to read a lot of informational pages to be able to understand how to set up landing pages and the like.

So, I got a little more work done on characterization for my serial novel, but not as much as I would have wanted since I spent so much time doing the BookFunnel setup. I also wanted to set up a segregated mailing list for my landing page, so I spent some time in Mailchimp monkeying around. (Haha)

I think it was in either Prosperous Creation or Get Your Book Selling, the author talks about how marketing can be a full-time job but you can’t let it become like that. I have to remember that and try to make work more of a priority tomorrow.

Time spent writing: 2 hours, 20 minutes
Time spent doing other writing-related business: 6 hours, 43 minutes

My takeaway for today: I have to watch out so that I don’t let marketing take away too much of my writing time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 91: Evaluation 3