Day 46: Newsletter signup problems

Thanks to my friend Linore Burkard, I found out that the newsletter signup widgets on my websites (Camy Tang and Camille Elliot) weren’t working. UGH! It’s been one of those days. I’ve spent a couple hours fixing them.

Actually, it ended up being a good thing I had to fix them, because instead of an embedded html widget, I changed it to a link to my newsletter signup landing pages. Not only can I tag each subscriber so that I know they signed up via my website, but if I ever want to change my signup text, I only have to do it on the landing page as opposed to every widget on my website.

So now I’m only just starting work in the afternoon. It doesn’t help that I have a slight headache, maybe because of my allergies. I’ll see how far I can get today. I’m so close to finishing my plotting so I can start writing! I really want to start writing! Today I’m working on Snowflake step 4 (one-page synopsis) for the serial novel. I say “one page,” but since the serial novel is looking like it’ll be longer than the other novels in the main series, it’s more like four or five pages. My Snowflake step 6 (expanded synopsis) is going to be huge!

***

I worked on my serial novel but didn’t feel like I actually got that much done on Snowflake step 4. It was partly because there were some minor characters I had forgotten to do, so I spent some time fleshing them out.

Time spent writing: 5 hours, 42 minutes
Time spent doing other writing-related business: 4 hours, 16 minutes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 783: Evaluation 7

Day 21: Bullet journal, Surrender statement

Day 91: Evaluation 3